12 (More) Things Only a T1D Parent Understands
There are somethings that only a T1D parent understands. Beyond Type 1 knows exactly what you mean … again. This is our second installment of 12 Things Only a T1D Parent Understands by Sara Jensen.
1. When someone overhears you talking about how your child is high again.
2. When your kid’s A1C is way higher than you thought it was.
3. When your kid’s A1C is way better than you thought it was.
4. When someone asks if your kid is *still* taking insulin.
5. When someone tells you that they know someone who died of diabetes.
6. When your kid’s medical supplies come in the mail.
7. When you realize your forgot the supply bag and already left the house.
8. You dropped a new bottle of test trips on a dirty ass floor.
9. When someone says something stupid about Type 1 online and you roll into the comments, like “Let me tell you something …”
10. When someone without T1 eats something sweet and they says, “I’m gonna get diabetes from this!”
11. When you need to prove to your insurance company that your child still has Type 1.
Read 12 Things Only a T1D Parent Understands by Sara Jensen.