12 Things that Only a T1D Parent Understands
There are somethings that only a T1D parent understands. Beyond Type 1 knows exactly what you mean.
1. When your kid was first diagnosed with Type 1 and you were all like …
2. The first time you go on vacation and pack all the diabetes related supplies you need.
3. Trying to open a juice box in the dark when treating a low.
4. When all you want to do is go to sleep but your kid’s blood sugar is like a rollercoaster.
5. You’ve been up all night but have to get stuff done the next day and all you want to to do is sleep.
6. It’s been like 8 terrible days in a row, so you raid your kid’s low stash so you can eat your feelings.
7. When you NAIL that bolus for the pizza they just ate.
8. “Is it the GOOD kind of diabetes or the BAD kind?”
9. When people tell you that they know of a natural cure for Type 1.
10. When you FINALLY meet another parent of a kid with T1D in real life.
11. When some stranger sees you checking BG or giving insulin in public. You are like JUST TRYING TO KEEP YOUR KID ALIVE THANK YOU.
12. When someone gives you unsolicited and terrible advice on how you could be doing a better job (also they know nothing about Type 1).