Role: Content Manager
Where: Remote, future occasional US travel
Commitment: Full Time
Average Base Pay Range: $55-65k (base pay range may vary slightly dependent upon work location and candidate experience)
Employee Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits and PTO Policy included.
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Content Manager.” Applicants without writing samples will not be considered.
Beyond Type 1 is seeking a content writer and strategist to plan, write original content, and copy edit for Beyond Type 1 and Beyond Type 2 digital platforms. Content to include educational resources, interviews and profiles, topical stories, and more. This role will report to the Managing Editor (Associate Director of Content).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Developing and writing content that will help people impacted by diabetes live their best lives
- Researching, conducting interviews, and writing on a wide variety of stories and resources for Beyond Type 1 and Beyond Type 2 web platforms
- Creating and executing content plans and campaigns with an audience-first strategy
- Attending meetings, conferences and industry events to develop stories/resources and represent Beyond Type 1 (virtually for now with potential future travel)
- Working collaboratively as a member of the Beyond Type 1 editorial team
- Occasionally working with corporate partners to execute on branded content
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 3+ years experience as a writer for an online publication
- Existing knowledge of diabetes basics; preferred background in healthcare equity and justice, personal health management, federal and global healthcare policy
- Ability to quickly read, understand, and write compelling content related to health topics on tight deadlines
- Excellent time management, accountability, attention to detail, and organizational skills, with the ability to work with both a planned editorial calendar and topical issues as they arise
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, lending toward collaboration with a fast-paced, remote team
- Proficiency in AP style and SEO; preferred experience using WordPress, Airtable, Trello, G-Suite
- Experience in non-written storytelling (audio, video, etc.) is preferred but not required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Beyond Type 1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other factors prohibited by applicable law. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to employees, applicants for employment, and volunteers.