Jerry the Bear Features
Jerry the Bear is not only a teaching tool for children with Type 1 but also for the entire family and community. Through interaction with Jerry – using the app and virtual tools to check his blood sugar, make food selections, carb count and administer insulin – children learn how to take care of him and in the process themselves.
- 8 injection sites
- 21 interactive e-books
- 1 digital pen
- 1 digital pump
- 1 digital glucometer
- Included sticker to attach a virtual pump site
- Augmented reality play
- Free app download
- Jerry the Bear is 15″ tall
- Jerry the Bear weighs 10 oz.
- Uses both mg/dL and mmol/L
Intended for ages 4-9+
Results from Parents Survey
- 100% indicated Jerry was an effective teaching tool for their child/T1D
- 100% indicated Jerry was an effective teaching tool for others (siblings, schoolmates, friends, etc.)
- 100% Jerry helps provide comfort in times or feelings of stress or anxiety related to Type 1 diabetes
- 100% indicated Jerry helps their child feel less alone in their Type 1 diabetes
*Jerry’s diabetes tools: glucometer, insulin pen and pump are digital and can be accessed through the app.
Return to Meet Jerry the Bear page.