Role: Managing Editor / Associate Director of Content
Commitment: Full Time
Compensation: DOE, Comprehensive Benefits and PTO Policy
Beyond Type 1 is seeking a Managing Editor to coordinate web publishing across the Beyond Type 1 ecosystem. This individual will oversee the editorial calendar and assignments for staff and freelance writers covering news, resources and human-interest stories for the Beyond Type 1 and Beyond Type 2 platforms. The Managing Editor should be comfortable writing as well as editing, and will report to the Director of Content.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Build and maintain an editorial calendar to track the content pipeline and schedule
- Run the process to define, prioritize, assign, write, track, edit and publish content
- Lead weekly digital team meetings to make sure that content is on track and progressing smoothly across platforms
- Collaborate with and provide editorial help to internal and external writers
- Write and edit on a wide variety of news and resources
- Work closely with external partners to execute publication of content that meets mutually agreed upon goals for co-branded campaigns
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, literature, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 5+ years experience as a writer or editor for an online publication
- Previous role in editorial team management within an established media company, online media publication or agency a plus
- Proficient in AP Style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely organized, independent and enjoys the challenges of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced remote work environment
How to Apply
Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject line Managing Editor.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Beyond Type 1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other factors prohibited by applicable law. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to employees, applicants for employment, and volunteers.
For a full list of job openings, check out Beyond Type 1’s Careers Page