Spicy Cauliflower Wings
In the mood for a party food that’s full of flavor but not deep fried? Try these Spicy Cauliflower Wings – totally vegetarian! They’re snackable and perfect for watching that sports game with friends.
For the spicy sauce (122 g carbs):
1 medium stalk celery (430 g)
6 medium red bell peppers (600 g)
6 cloves garlic (18 g)
13 medium carrots (600 g)
¼ small jalapeño (8 g), optional
4 lg green onions (white and green parts), chopped (90 g)
Juice of 1 lemon (~2 tablespoons)
2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
For the wings (97 g carbs):
3 lg heads cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets (1950 g)
To make the spicy sauce:
- Blend all of the ingredients (celery, bell pepper, garlic, carrot, jalapeño, green onions, lemon juice, poultry seasoning, and curry powder), in batches that won’t overtax your blender (we used two batches in our Vitamix).
To make the wings:
- Place your cauliflower florets into one or more large bowls, and pour the sauce over cauliflower. Mix well.
- Lay the cauliflower florets individually onto dehydrator trays (preferably lined with nonstick sheets for easy cleanup), leaving a bit of space between them.
- Dehydrate for about 7 hours at 115°
- Serve warm or chilled, on a bed of lettuce.
Yield: Snack for 2-4 people
Total: 219 g carbs