Senior Vice President, Marketing
Role: Senior Vice President, Marketing
Where: Working remotely in a hybrid workplace
Compensation: $150,000 – $200,000
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits and PTO Policy
Beyond Type 1 was founded by Nick Jonas in 2015. Our mission is to help people living with diabetes survive and thrive. We are the home of the largest diabetes community – 2 million strong and growing. From resources and truth talk about living with diabetes (eg: ‘Sex, Pumps & CGMs’, ‘Your Type 1 Guide to Music Festivals’) to helping you find affordable insulin (getinsulin.org) to connecting with other people living with diabetes, we are dedicated to building community for both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. We are looking for a creative & innovative Senior Vice President, Marketing to lead and build our global marketing efforts. They will integrate and lead brand campaigns, editorial, communications, creative services, and community with the aim of tripling our reach and building a world-class brand.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Marketing Strategy: Set marketing goals, objectives, and KPIs that integrate and expand on Beyond Type 1’s core engagement functions – brand campaigns, community programs, editorial publishing, creative services and communications keeping DEI at the forefront.
- Build The Brand: Refine and build upon the organization’s purpose, broadcasting the company’s mission and story to raise awareness globally. Understand Our Community: Build and own customer segmentation to gain insights and inform strategy & design
- Grow Our Community: Our goal is to triple our community and increase engagement. Using all the elements of the marketing mix.
- Build Best Marketing Practices with Focus on Analytics: eg: market research, A/B testing, user behavior, web engagement, social insights, etc.
- Build & Manage a World Class Team: Lead and manage a high-performing team of 15+ across core marketing functions
- Prioritize reaching the underserved – helping address health equity issues.
- Imbue the marketing team and broader organization with a deep test and learn mentality
- Identify the specialisms and expertise required to build a diverse, inclusive and high- performing marketing team
- Build and lead the team: provide day-to-day leadership and create developmental opportunities within the organization through mentoring, constructive feedback and a culture of accountability
- Leader & Team player: Collaborate with the finance, revenue and executive teams on messaging, programmatic offerings and business models to achieve core reach and impact goals
- At least 10 years’ experience successfully leading a cross functional marketing team (an/or experience at the senior most level of organizations and boards)
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Strong social intelligence and influencing skills: enrolling variety of constituencies, building commitment, being curious about cultural nuance
- Excellent experience of in leading, developing and implementing complex marketing strategies and plans in fast paced / scrappy organizations
- Operational rigor: deep expertise of assessing and deploying internal and external resources as necessary in the execution of those plans
- Experience in developing and rolling out brand and campaign guidelines across multiple internal and external stakeholders internationally
- Deep understanding of the use of data/analytics in development and measurement of marketing strategy & tactics
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Why Work at Beyond Type 1
- You’ll be helping millions of people with diabetes live better lives
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, and annual technology upgrade allowance
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team. Most importantly, the team is kind.
- This is a full-time position in a remote workplace.
How to Apply
Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Vice President, Marketing.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Beyond Type 1 is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other factors prohibited by applicable law. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to employees, applicants for employment, and volunteers.