The biggest struggles faced by people with diabetes in Syria are…
- Difficulty of securing insulin in many areas
- The lack of the necessary electricity for the preservation of insulin in the cooling devices
- The dire financial situation and therefore the inability to buy diabetes supplies
- Lack of health centers that can provide healthcare for these patients
- Lack of specialist for diabetes
- Death for many people with chronic diseases
Life is very difficult for healthy people in conditions of war; one of my friends told me that his daughter who is 4 years old urinates spontaneously whenever she hears the sound of shells. The life of patients with diabetes will be that much more difficult in light of the lack of basic medical supplies and materials. Our problem is tied with the war, and only when the war is over can much be offered for these miserable people. You can help us by providing a safe place for us, for these children and the sick, so that we can live in peace.