Sr Vice President; Programs, Advocacy and Health Equity
Role: Sr Vice President; Programs, Advocacy, and Health Equity
Where: Working remotely in a hybrid workplace
Pay Range: $150,000 – $180,000 (range may vary slightly dependent upon work location and variable pay)
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits and PTO Policy
Beyond Type 1 was founded by Nick Jonas in 2015. Our mission is to help people living with diabetes survive and thrive. We are the home of the largest diabetes community – 2 million strong and growing. From resources and truth talk about living with diabetes (eg: ‘Sex, Pumps & CGMs’, ‘Your Type 1 Guide to Music Festivals’) to helping you find affordable insulin (getinsulin.org) to connecting with other people living with diabetes, we are dedicated to building community for both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
We are looking for an innovative leader to oversee our community education, program and advocacy initiatives that support those impacted by type 1 and type 2 diabetes on a global scale. Responsibilities include Beyond Type 1’s health equity programs, online and offline community/peer-to-peer efforts, live and virtual events, resources to serve global unmet needs and underserved communities, patient advocacy and community research. This individual will collaborate with the revenue and marketing divisions to help us triple our reach where we are needed most, ensuring initiatives support community needs and provide evidence-based impact.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Partner closely with the leadership team to inform key strategic decision making and planning
- Lead the Education, Program and Advocacy division with full-time staff members and various contractors to execute on divisional and business goals
- Strategically manage the full portfolio of Beyond Type 1’s programs including community platforms, multi-language resources and targeted education/awareness efforts
- Develop methods to quantify impact of programmatic initiatives to provide evidence-based information for multiple stakeholders and inform Beyond Type 1’s business direction
- Oversee market research efforts that inform solutions for improving community experience and develop reports on the findings for future business opportunities
- Inform short and long-term goals for Beyond Type 1’s patient advocacy efforts
- Represent the organization’s policy positions in external appearances as appropriate
- Develop and execute an ongoing grassroots advocacy training program if deemed relevant
- Collaborate with the development team to secure funding for targeted health equity and other community programs
- Interface with Marketing and Operations divisions to drive education, community and advocacy CTAs and ensure the infrastructure supports programmatic efforts
- Design and lead Beyond Type 1’s health equity programs currently focused on clinical trial awareness, fighting stigma, on-the-ground peer-to-peer support and education around diagnosis
- Build and lead the team providing day-to-day leadership and creating developmental opportunities within the organization through mentoring, constructive feedback and a culture of accountability
- At least 6-8 years of experience with a heavy emphasis on patient voice and evidence-based assessment
- Experience leading and molding a young and passionate team
- Experience effectively partnering with divisional leaders to align strategic initiatives and cross-functional support with programmatic activations
- Demonstrated ability to leverage impact metrics and research to inform business decisions and programmatic direction
- Exhibit strong business acumen and sound judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Strong Excel and data management skills
- Hands on individual willing to roll up sleeves
- Superior attention to detail with problem solving techniques
Why Work for Beyond Type 1
- You’ll be helping millions of people with diabetes live better lives
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, and annual technology upgrade allowance
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team. Most importantly, the team is kind.
- This is a full-time position in a remote workplace.
How to Apply
Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Vice President; Programs, Advocacy and Health Equity.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Beyond Type 1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other factors prohibited by applicable law. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to employees, applicants for employment, and volunteers.