Vice President; Operations & Finance Planning
Role: Vice President; Operations, Finance & Planning
Where: Working remotely in a hybrid workplace
Compensation: $145,000 – $195,000
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits and PTO Policy
Beyond Type 1 was founded by Nick Jonas in 2015. Our mission is to help people living with diabetes survive and thrive. We are the home of the largest diabetes community – 2 million strong and growing. From resources and truth talk about living with diabetes (eg: ‘Sex, Pumps & CGMs’, ‘Your Type 1 Guide to Music Festivals’) to helping you find affordable insulin (getinsulin.org) to connecting with other people living with diabetes, we are dedicated to building community for both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes.
We are seeking an experienced General Manager to own all planning, finance and operational responsibilities across Beyond Type 1. This individual will also build out and oversee traditional operations, such as finance/budget, systems and IT, human resources, legal and KPIs, ultimately establishing procedures to ensure the organization is set up to scale and handling a wide variety of organizational management matters. Together with other members of the executive team, this role will help mold and execute the strategic plan, matching key internal and external needs against core initiatives to triple our reach where we’re needed most, taking Beyond Type 1 mainstream.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Partner closely with executive team to inform key strategic and operational decision making through well informed financial and systems insights and analysis
- Oversee and facilitate all business operations, including HR, legal, 501c3 compliance, systems/IT and general business administration responsibilities, leveraging / managing external contractors where necessary
- Build, implement and improve org-wide systems, leading on system infrastructure and IT best practices that will help the organization accomplish its business goals
- Lead annual and long-range planning processes with other key cross functional leaders (i.e revenue, marketing, programs), managing org wide budget process
- Develop an in-depth understanding of key revenue and expense drivers and establish robust KPI reporting to track and provide appropriate visibility
- Develop/optimize pacing and forecasting models to deliver timely and accurate updates on the status of the business relative to programmatic and other commitments
- Provide analysis to identify actionable revenue generating and cost savings opportunities
- Identify the specialisms and expertise required to build a diverse, inclusive and high- performing team
- Build and lead the team: provide day-to-day leadership and create developmental opportunities within the organization through mentoring, constructive feedback and a culture of accountability
- At least 6-8 years of experience with a heavy strategic finance emphasis, with both operational and strategic finance responsibilities
- Experience effectively leading business planning processes in high growth environment to scale the organization
- Experience effectively partnering with business leaders to help manage the operational delivery of a business on a day-to-day basis; including budgeting, pacing, forecasting, systems infrastructure, human resources and business plan development
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analysis by forming thoughtful and well informed recommendations that influences key decision making
- Exhibit strong business acumen and sound judgment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong people management skills
- Strong Excel and data management skills
- Significant business/KPI reporting experience
- Hands on individual willing to roll up sleeves
- Superior attention to detail with problem solving techniques
- Strong understanding of financial management processes
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Why Work for Beyond Type 1
- You’ll be helping millions of people with diabetes live better lives
- You’ll have wonderful benefits including healthcare/dental, wellness budget, and annual technology upgrade allowance
- You’ll become part of our transparent, high-performing, and close-knit team. Most importantly, the team is kind.
- This is a full-time position in a remote workplace.
How to Apply
Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “VP Operations, Finance and Planning.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Beyond Type 1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or any other factors prohibited by applicable law. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity applies to employees, applicants for employment, and volunteers.