Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
It’s October, which means the pumpkin-flavored-everything craze has officially begun. Baked treats and fancy lattes are great, but for those Fall days when it is still warm outside and you’re craving pumpkin, this Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is just the ticket! It gives you all of the flavor of Fall and is comprised of healthy ingredients.
If your family is like mine, pumpkin pie is a staple at holiday meals, and with this recipe you’ll really feel like you are enjoying a slice of fresh pumpkin pie… only in drinkable form. And on top of the delectable taste, it comes together super quick. This smoothie on its own is thick, and oh so creamy. The Cool Whip and graham cracker toppings are optional, but highly recommended, as they really send it over the edge.
So, next time you’re in the mood for the perfect Fall specialty drink, skip the line and whip up these easy-to-make smoothies instead.
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (or vanilla) flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 medium banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cool Whip, for topping (optional)
- 1 graham cracker square, crushed, for topping (optional)
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on medium speed for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Pour contents of blender into a glass. Top with a dollop of Cool Whip, crushed graham crackers and nutmeg, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Yields: 2 servings
Per serving: 31 g carbohydrates
*Nutritional information does not include optional toppings.