The following recipe is part of a complete Thanksgiving menu, featured here. This recipe would be a terrific compliment to your holiday feast, or any time of the year.
This recipe is a Thanksgiving staple, requiring only five ingredients, and sans the added sugar.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 4 ounces water
- 3/4 cup sugar substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan.
- Stir and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Stir frequently. The cranberries will begin to pop, releasing their “gel”. Cook until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and let cool. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Store in the refrigerator. Serve chilled.
Makes 2 cups
1/2 cup = 1 serving
Per serving: 10.5 carbs