Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Avocado Basil Sauce
This is a great dish to have when you are craving a fresh healthy meal, but don’t feel like actually cooking something up. The creamy avocado-basil sauce is really fantastic and light. It doesn’t end up leaving you have that full bloated feeling that you would normally get with thick heavy creamy sauces. The noodle dish itself is not only super good, but also is just beautifully vibrant with the colorful fresh veggie ingredients.
For the avocado basil sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the zucchini noodles:
- 2 zucchini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a blender or food processor. Add more olive oil if the consistency is too thick. Taste test and adjust as necessary.
- With a spiralizer, spiralize zucchini with Blade C (the small noodle tray option) and place into a large bowl.
- Add in tomatoes, basil, and salt & pepper. Add half of the avocado basil sauce, toss, and taste test. Add remaining sauce, based on consistency preference.
Yields: 2 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Per serving: 5 g carbohydrates