How You Can Try a Dexcom CGM for Free
Diabetes technology can be exciting, bringing more freedom and accuracy to diabetes management. But figuring out how to get started with technology, like continuous glucose monitors (CGM) may be overwhelming. Fortunately, this Dexcom trial program offers a way to make the process easier!
What is a CGM?
A CGM is a small device typically worn on your arm or abdomen that continuously tracks your blood sugar levels (BGLs). These devices measure the glucose in the interstitial fluid in your body fat, unlike a blood glucose meter (BGM) which measures the glucose in your blood.
The Dexcom G6/G7 CGMs also include trend arrows that tell you if your BGLs are steady, dropping or rising based on arrows, helping you take action to prevent hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia. They also include alarms to warn if your BGLs are above or below your target range.
CGMs continuously measure your glucose levels, collecting a lot more information you and your health care team can use to make changes to your diabetes management. By making data-informed decisions about your management plan, your A1c and time in range (TIR) may improve.
Other benefits of CGMs include:
- Understanding how your body responds to different foods, exercise, insulin, stress, etc.
- Customizable settings you and your provider can set.
- Instantly share your CGM data with your health care provider and loved ones using the app.
- Getting insights such as trends and patterns, as well as graphs and reports.
How to get a Dexcom CGM for free
There are just three steps to complete to receive a Dexcom G6 or G7 CGM through their 10-day trial program.
- Submit your request by filling out the form online to see if you are eligible for the program.
- If eligible, you’ll receive your CGM in the mail and just set it up at home.
- Start your journey over the next 10 days.
Dexcom offers two CGMs, the G6 and G7.
- The G6 is the most connected CGM, as it works with several insulin pumps, including the Tandem t:slim and Omnipod 5. This is a great option for people who use an insulin pump or smart pen.
- The G7 is the most accurate CGM on the market, and is the smallest and easiest to use CGM from Dexcom. Integration with other technology is not yet available.
You can learn even more about the benefits of Dexcom CGMs by reading the real-life stories of Dexcom Warriors.
Using a CGM can be a game-changer for diabetes management. If you are at all curious about trying a Dexcom device, request a free CGM sample today!