Green Beans with Goat Cheese & Almonds
The following recipe is part of a complete Thanksgiving menu, featured here. This recipe would be a terrific compliment to your holiday feast, or any time of the year.
These green beans are a healthier alternative to the traditional green bean casserole you find on most Thanksgiving menus. It comes together super quick and is delicious!
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and blanch for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the beans to a bowl of ice water (to stop cooking). Let sit for a few minutes, then drain in a colander.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add the green beans, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until beans are cooked through and tender.
- Transfer the beans to a serving bowl, add almonds, and stir together. Let cool 10-15 minutes before adding the goat cheese (so it doesn’t melt into the beans).
Makes 6 servings
Per serving: 117.8 calories, 8.7 g total fat, 6.3 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 1.1 g sugar, 4.7 g protein