Do you want to help educate about Type 1 diabetes? There’s a lot to know! Like how does someone get Type 1? How do you manage it? And what’s some misinformation people might have heard around it?
Having Type 1 can be a challenge and full of frustrations but it can also be empowering. Teaching others about T1D is the key to spreading awareness and fostering a better understanding of what you face on a daily basis, in the classroom and beyond. Educate your classmates on what it means to live and thrive with T1D today!
- Ask your school if you can give a presentation.
- Download the presentation slides
- Email us @firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in receiving warning sign posters to share with your classmates
*If you haven’t received an email confirmation within a week of applying, please email at email@example.com.
What you’ll need:
- PPT presentation
- Accompanying notes
- “Warning Signs of Type 1 Diabetes” and “What is Type 1 Diabetes”
Looking for something for younger kids?
- Get Jerry the Bear – the new-age tech toy that teaches kids and entire communities about Type 1 diabetes management.
- Check out our printable school comic book!
Follow the instructions to make a fun, easy-to-understand booklet for those in younger grades. This book is especially helpful at mealtimes, to explain why you need insulin but others do not.
Want to support programs such as this or others that educate, advocate and fund cure research for those living with Type 1? Donate today!