If you are here at “Newly Diagnosed” it most likely means you or someone your know and probably love, have been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. Let us be the first to say, “We’re sorry,” but we are glad you have found your way here.
On this page you’ll find the following:
- The Basic Basics – what you need to know now
- The Next Layer – information for beyond the initial diagnosis
- Teaching Type 1 to others – guides for anyone who needs to be in the know
- Personal stories – written about diagnosis plus additional support for parents
- The “Type1Day1” film project – what others wish they had known on their Day 1
- Online community + support systems in the Beyond Type 1 community
The Basic Basics
A Type 1 diagnosis is overwhelming – some say like swimming with sharks. These Basic Basics are just that – the basics you need in the first few days of adjusting Type 1. There’s always more in depth information available, but for now, here are our selections for getting out of the hospital or doctor’s office.
The Next Layer►
Teaching Type 1 to Others►
A Short Film►